Micropigmentation (Permanent Makeup) is a new trend that seems to be catching on like wildfire. Micropigmentation can be the ideal option if you are always trying to achieve the perfect makeup.
Many times you see women who seem to have the most perfect and beautiful makeup you have ever seen in your life. You wonder how are their cheeks so rosy, their lips so red and the eyebrows so perfectly arched. All of this can be achieved through permanent or semi-permanent makeup.
Micropigmentation or cosmetic tattooing occurs where makeup is applied to the face via the use of a tattoo gun. This tattoo is permanent and will remain on the face indefinitely, depending on the colors that were used and if it begins to fade. Over time these tattoos will need to be touched up as a way to keep the natural look alive.
Permanent makeup can placed on various parts of the face such as the lips, eye lids, cheeks and eye brows. If makeup can be placed there, permanent tattooing can also be done there. These tattoos are usually done by professional companies who specialize in permanent makeup. However, a skilled tattoo artist should be able to do the same results, but at a much cheaper rate.
Even though permanent makeup is a great idea, the one bad thing is that once it has been done, it cannot be changed. This means that if you tattoo your eyebrows when you are in your twenties, it is going to look the same when you are in your 70’s. It is permanent; this means you will have it with you for the rest of your life.
This type of cosmetic tattooing is permanent; however colors will fade over time. If this occurs all you need is a touchup to ensure that the makeup is looking fresh.
Even though permanent makeup should always be done with a certified professional, there is always the possibility of an error being made. This error maybe difficult to correct and you will possibly have to wear that on your face for awhile.
Permanent makeup is just that, permanent. If you are considering this procedure, be sure that you weigh the pros and cons properly. Once it has been done, there is no way to undo it.
Advantages of Permanent Makeup
- It is permanent; this means you will not have to apply makeup again. Your face will always have that look like it has been made up.
- You will not have to worry about applying makeup in the morning as it will already be done. This will save you time and energy.
- The makeup can look better than if you had done it yourself.
- You can save money as you will not have to constantly purchase new makeup to apply to your face.
Disadvantages of Permanent Makeup
- It is permanent, this means if you get tired or do not like the look, you are stuck with it for life.
- If the tattoo is done incorrectly or a mistake is made, this will have to be worn on the face forever.
- Makeup styles change, this means what looked good 10 years ago, might look out of place today.
- Removing permanent makeup is a very painful process and it is also expensive.